american presbytery short report for
Held in Indian River County, near Fellsmere, Florida
CRPC churches from Suriname, Palm Bay, Des Moines, and mission
church of Illinois-Wisconsin were present.
Guest Jun (Peter) Yuan
was welcomed and granted privilege of the floor.
Peter’s wife Jenny was also present.
After call to
order, opening in prayer, Scripture reading, and singing of a Psalm,
credentials were presented and a quorum was declared.
Moderator, secretary and preparer of short report were
chosen. The “Introductory
Principles of the CRPC”
was read as per our agreed upon practice.
· Reports were received from each of the churches. A good deal of discussion followed these reports.
· Discussed the status of Christ Covenant Church meeting in Durand, Illinois, under the eldership of Rev. Dan Gibson and Jerry Clay. This is the fruit of mission work and the church was recognized as a particular church.
· Agreed on various housekeeping matters for the DCO, including signing and providing new credential card each year.
· Received with great interest the report from Jun (Peter) Yuan and discussed how we might be of help to him. It was agreed that King’s church of Palm Bay would discuss a possible call towards ordination and ministry.
· Welcomed guest Roy Burrell (Deacon of King’s Church Palm Bay) and granted privilege of the floor.
· Discussed questions: (1) Qualifications for voting in congregation meetings; agreed that the age is a matter to be determined at the local church level. (2) Fasting and its biblical relevance for today. (3) Wording of “erasure” of those who are not living in a specific sin but no longer wish to be church members.
· The next presbytery will be hosted by Sovereign Grace Church of Des Moines Iowa on July 15-17; if no business then the next meeting will be hosted by King’s Church of Palm Bay on Nov. 4-6, 2013.
· Practiced brotherly admonition and adjourned in prayer.